Position Title: Election Field Organizer
Reports To: Field Manager
Duration: September 2022 – November 8, 2022, with potential opportunities for continued work
Hours: Up to 20 hours per week per week on average
Compensation: $25 per hour. This position requires nights and weekend work hours. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately after posting and continue until the position is filled.
APANO (The Asian Pacific American Network of Oregon) is a statewide Asian and Pacific Islander organizing and advocacy group, with a legacy of policy wins and innovative community programs. APANO is a 501c4 organization, affiliated with APANO Communities United Fund 501c3 organization, to achieve our larger vision of a just and equitable world where Asians and Pacific Islanders are fully engaged in the social, economic and political issues that affect us.
2022 General Election Description:
This fall, APANO is taking on its 9th election cycle for the 2022 General Election. Since March 2017 when we announced the formation of our 501(c)4 organization, we’ve made great strides in showing what APANO and our community can win at the ballot. In the May 2020 primaries, we worked on 11 races and made 90,000 dials and 60,000 texts split between C3 and C4 activities. In the November 2020 general election, we made nearly 400,000 phone calls, sent 217,000 texts and hosted 106 phone and text banking shifts to fight for our future! We supported 3 statewide API candidates with 1 winning their race. Representative Khanh Pham was the first API legislator elected in Oregon in a generation. Our community power continues to grow in political advocacy, and we’re excited to have you all be part of it.
The Election field organizer will be a member of the broader Political Team at APANO and work closely with the candidate campaigns and partners. The field team is responsible for contacting registered voters and providing them information about the candidate they should support and why.
- Creating and building relationships with community members through phone and text outreach and door knocking to increase voter turnout
- Work closely with Field Manager and staff to expand community outreach and persuasion voter contact
- Input and manage data and maintain an accurate internal database
- Lead volunteers in phone and text bank training
Required Trainings & Support
- Participate in the field training provided during shifts.
- Ability to work 4-8 hours per day, on scheduled workdays
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with team in English
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Basic computer skills
- Must be on time, drug and alcohol-free during work hours
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Ability to take direction and feedback
- Goal oriented
The following are a plus, but not requirements:
- Asian and/or Pacific Islander language proficiency
- Familiarity with electoral and political campaigns
- Previous campaign experience
How to Apply:
Applicants should complete the jotform with their contact information.
APANO CUF celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.